Thursday, August 7, 2008

Back to Blogging and Cooking

So, my poor blog has been on the back burner lately. In fact cooking has been on the back burner lately. Life has been busy with changing jobs, adjusting to a new routine, and becoming an Aunt to Andrew and Walt. I have truly missed cooking and blogging, so I am excited to finally feel like I am back in a place where I can find the time for both. I have been cooking some, so you will see those posts coming up in the next few days. I do backdate them as I like to keep up with how many blog worthy meals we cooked each month. So, here we go again…

We love to grill in the summer and tonight we decided to try a new Grilled Maple Salmon
recipe out of the July Cooking Light. The marinade is super simple with only three ingredients - rice wine vinegar, orange juice, and maple syrup. You put the marinade and salmon in a plastic bag and stick it in the fridge for three hours. After three hours you remove the fish and pour the remaining marinade into a saucepan and bring it to a boil and let it reduce down. Once reduced take the salmon and grill it and baste it with the reduced sauce.

This was a very simple recipe that packed great flavor with just a fe
w ingredients. I really like the sweetness from the maple syrup and the tang and citrus flavor from the orange juice. We didn't have quite 3 hours for it to marinade, so I think it would have been even better if we had let it marinade for longer. This is a solid, simple marinade for salmon. Russ rates it a 9.

No comments: