Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Tequila!!!

That's right, TEQUILA! When I bought the condo from Jess, she threw in a few bonus items including a bottle of tequila with about a cup left in it. That was about four years ago and I am just now getting around to using it.

Tonight we made Ina Garten's Tequila Lime Chicken. In the past two years I have managed to buy all of Ina Garten’s cookbooks. I really like her style and flavor of cooking and overall we have had great success with her recipes. While some of her dishes are too rich with heavy cream for our weeknight dinners; she does offer plenty of lighter options including tonight's dish. The chicken marinates in a spicy, citrus marinade for 24 hours and is then grilled. Russ is becoming quite the grillmaster on his new Egg and he did not disappoint with his work on tonight's chicken. It was moist and very flavorful. Russ felt like we could have cut back some on the lime juice in the marinade next time as there was a little bit of a tartness to it. I would not cut back on the marinating time though as I think that was key to its being flavorful throughout. Russ’ rating for the chicken is a 7.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: