Monday, March 5, 2007

Simple Tilapia Piccata

Tonight I made the Tilapia Piccata with Orzo out of the new March 2007 Cooking Light. It is the first recipe we have tried out of the March issue. Not that many recipes caught my eye in this issue, however, this piccata was one I definitely wanted to try. It got put on the menu tonight since we had all the ingredients on hand except for the fish. It was a great way to use up our remaining grape tomatoes and last lemon before they went bad. I have made Giada's Chicken Piccata before and Russ and I both liked it, however, it had lots of butter in it and was very rich. It also left a bad taste in my mouth (not literally) as I burned my hand while making it.

This piccata recipe was much lighter than Giada's and while not as rich tasting it certainly had lots of flavor. It is a light and fresh tasting recipe that was very quick and easy to prepare. I followed the recipe as written with the exception of cutting back slightly on orzo since it was just for the two of us. I did make the full amount of sauce since we sometimes find CL recipes to be a little short on the sauce, however, in this case we could have done without double the sauce as it was so flavorful. Russ and I both really enjoyed it and thought the sauce went especially well with the simple orzo. As a bonus I didn't burn myself this time. All in all a good meal that Russ rates an 8.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Emily said...

This recipe looked really great and so I decided to try it as well. I messed up the sauce, but besides that I thought it was great. Dowe thought the orzo could use a little more flavor but also really enjoyed it. Thanks for being my recipe finder!

Reba said...

I am very flattered that you have tried a couple recipes from the blog! Glad you liked it!