Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Another shrimp and pasta recipe...

Tonight I made yet another of Ina Garten's recipes, Linguine with Shrimp Scampi. I am not quite sure how I ended up putting so many of her recipes on the menu this week, however, I think this will be the last one for the week.

As I have mentioned before I enjoy cooking shrimp because they tend to make for a quick meal since they cook in minutes. This recipe does not let me down in that it is quick and easy to prepare. When the most time consuming step in a recipe is boiling the water for pasta and cooking it then you know you have a quick and easy one. This recipe also calls for very few ingredients and most of them are ones that we tend to keep around anyway. To prepare the shrimp scampi you saute the garlic and then add the shrimp and saute them for a few minutes until they are cooked through. You then remove the pan from the heat and add the remaining ingredients. Lastly you toss it with the pasta and you are done. I decided to keep things simple and serve it with some simple boiled broccoli.

This recipe is similar to the Hot Garlicky Shrimp with Asparagus and Lemon that I made back in March. While both are quick and easy to prepare, involve similar ingredients, and taste great; Russ and I both agree that the Hot Garlicky Shrimp with Asparagus and Lemon is just a little better. Tonight's Linguine with Shrimp Scampi gets a 8 from Russ.

No comments: