Thursday, August 9, 2007

Simple, Tasty Salmon

Russ and I have not had fish in a while, so I decided to repeat a salmon recipe that we both like. Giada has several fish recipes that Russ and I have tried and love and two of them are for salmon dishes that are super tasty and easy. This one is for Broiled Salmon with Herb Mustard Glaze.

You start by mixing together the mustard glaze. You include minced garlic, chopped fresh rosemary and thyme (both from my garden!), Dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, white wine, and olive oil. The recipe online calls for this to be pureed in a food processor, but the recipe in the cookbook just says to whisk it all together. I opt for less clean up and just whisk it together. You then line a baking sheet with foil and spray it with Pam. You sprinkle the salmon filets with salt and pepper and broil them for a couple minutes. Then you take them out and spread the mustard sauce on the top of them and put them back in to broil for another couple minutes.

We love the flavor combination of salmon and mustard in the dish. It is such a quick, easy, and flavorful dish. I served it with sautéed fresh spinach and Ina’s herb cherry tomatoes. A colorful, tasty, simple weeknight dinner! Russ rates the salmon a 9.

On a side note, Jess and Hugo stopped by for a few minutes and the boys played together outside. It is so hot out right now that when they came in they drank a ton of water to cool off. They are not only cousins, but best buddies!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be so sure that Cash and Hugo are merely playing together . . . more likely, they are plotting world domination. I enjoy the blog. More fish recipes, please.

Anonymous said...

Yo Rebecca! Joanna showed me this page. This looks delicious - if I could only cook (apparently even a cartoon rat can, though...)

Reba said...

Steve and Joanna, I am so glad that you visited my blog! I still miss our fun dinners in good ole C'ville!